Why Employee Retention’s The Hottest Thing Since Global Warming.
The first part of a year will often see new businesses, and older ones expand. The December through February also see more resignations, hires, and and HR reshuffling than at any other period.
Hiring new employees isn’t such a simple matter – and it certainly isn’t cheap. New hires brought in to replace old employees usually need to be brought up to speed, resulting in productivity cost. Paperwork, advertising, and time, are just a few of the other costs you’ll need to include when hiring new people.
Check out this infographic from complianceandsafety.com for a clearer picture on the high cost of new hires:
Featured By: Safety Training Videos
We find the most interesting part of the infographic to be the Bureau of Labor Statistics figure of $57,968 as the average cost of hiring a new employee- not counting training costs. Of course, we’d guess for the majority of new small businesses, the costs would be lower than that stated average.
These costs shouldn’t scare anyone with limited resources from starting a new business or from replacing a non-performing employee. If anything, this should help inform attitudes on what it really means to have a good team and what you can do to prevent unnecessary employee turnover.
Take hiring seriously Don’t just get anyone because they’re qualified to do the minimum the job requires. When you have the right people on board, the costs of hiring become irrelevant.
Not everyone knows we have infographics. Check these out, they’re pretty sweet!
- Digital Media Influencers Under 30 Dominating the Digital World
- How to Upgrade Flights
- Rhinos Are a Rising Sensation. This Infographic Tells You Why.
- Ever Wondered What Seniors Do on the Internet?
- EI vs IQ — PLUS: A Brief History of Emotional Intelligence
- Serial Entrepreneurs Dominate World’s Self-made Billionaires
- The Good and Bad Habits of Smart People
- Major Data Loss Events Through History
- 14 Ideas for Optimizing Your Workspace
- It Gets Better – Another Way of Looking at Your Life Crisis
- Which Languages are The Hardest to Learn?
- You Won’t Believe How Little Gets Done in Business Meeting Rooms
- Is An MBA Worth It?
- Something We Thought Ended 150 Years Ago Is Right at Your Doorstep
- 18 Ways to Be More Positive at Work